Friday, June 22, 2007

Tennis

My Moms and Kiddies took Zach and I to play tennis this weekend. This is kind of amazing for two reasons: 1) I have never played tennis before EVER. I have NEVER held a racket. I have NEVER swung at a tennis ball. The closest I have ever come is using tennis balls in socks to practice for rhythmic. NEVER. 2) I have never played tennis before. How does one become 24 without ever playing tennis? So, off we went to Uchinada for my first tennis experience! Unfortunately my opponents are all exceptional players who play for several hours everyday, including the 10-year old kiddies. The good news is that Zach and I beat (I think- it was very, very close) the two 10-year olds- one with a broken shoulder! Still, it was a lot of fun! I think I may try tennis again within the next 24 years.

Yuuta and I

Zach showing his natural tennis ability

I'm actually playing here. I am the player in pink. I learned to serve (sort of).

The formidable opponents- broken shoulder and all!

Mizukami san shows far greater skill than I could!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page